Annual Rotary Carl Oake Swimathon
The Peterborough Rotary Club has used your past support to create lasting monuments that include the Rotary Greenway Trail and the Rotary Education Centre at the Peterborough Zoo. Your support of the Carl Oake Swimathon helps to put Rotary volunteers on the front lines of building a better world.
To learn more about the Swimathon and its impact download our brochure here.
30 Years – one million dollars raised! Join us this year and with your gift put Rotary and Rotary volunteers to work in our community.
Donate Through Canada Helps
Individual donations are a fantastic way to help the greater good and generously support our worthy causes!
Teams can set up their own Canada Helps Fundraising Page
- Go to www.CanadaHelps.org and click on Create a Fundraiser
- Click on Create one to create an account with Canada Helps or log into your account if you already have one.
- In the Search box, type: Rotary Foundation Peterborough
- Beside the Rotary logo, scroll down the drop down menu and select Carl Oake Swimathon
- Enter your name in Name of funraiser
- Select the current date for start date and Feb 17th as the end date
- Put in your teams fundraising goal (we suggest a minimum of $500 as a total goal–your online goal could be more or less than this depending on whether you think you will receive a little or a lot of your funds online)
- Enter your name in the Name of the page owner box
- In the Personal message box, enter a sentence or two describing why you have entered a team in the Swimathon
- Click on Create a fundraising page at the bottom of the page
- On the next page you can add a photo or video to represent your team, or you can click skip this step to move to the next page
- Click on the link on the next page to go to your completed team fundraising page
- Share this link via email either by copying and pasting the link in the address bar or using the email icon at the top right of the page.
- You can also share via social media (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+) by clicking on the appropriate icon at the top right of the page.